Top 75 OT Blog Winner
- Scanmarker Air Pen – A Digital Notetaking Tool
- Web-Based Assistive Technology Continuing Education – Remote Training Opportunities for Winter 2021
- Tips, Tricks & Tech to Reduce Digital Eye Strain
- Voice Dream Reader and Voice Dream Scanner Apps – At Home Special Bundle Price!
- Cleaning Your Assistive Technology Devices — Assistive Technology at Easter Seals Crossroads
OT’s with Apps Pages
- About Me
- OT Apps by Area of Occupational Performance (10-2015)
- OT’s with Apps Blog
- OT’s with Apps Equipment List
- OT’s with Apps eTool Kit Lists
- App by Occupational Performance (updated 10- 2015)
- Online Keyboarding Resources for Kids through Adults
- OT Admin Apps List
- OT’s w Apps List for Middle School thru Adults with Disabilities 10-2013
- OT’s with Apps – Handwriting App List
- OT’s with Apps List 10-2015 Updated
- OT’s with Apps Visual Motor Integration App List
- OT’s with Apps Writing Apps for Special Needs
- Visual Tracking / Motor Coordination Apps List
- Scanmarker Air Pen – A Digital Notetaking Tool otswithapps.com/2021/07/05/sca… 2 months ago
- Web-Based Assistive Technology Continuing Education – Remote Training Opportunities for Winter 2021 otswithapps.com/2021/01/10/web… 8 months ago
- Tips, Tricks & Tech to Reduce Digital Eye Strain otswithapps.com/2020/05/08/tip… 1 year ago
OTs with Apps
- Activities of Daily Living
- App Review
- App Review sites
- apps for fine motor
- apps for visual perception
- Assistive Technology
- cleaner for iPad
- data collection
- Early Childhood
- Echo Pen
- fine motor
- Fine motor apps
- iOS accessibility
- iPad accessories
- iPad apps
- iPod/iPad Management
- iPod apps
- Learning Disability
- Low Vision
- Low Vision/ Blindness
- Mental Health
- Mobility Impaired
- Note taking
- Object Recognition
- occupational therapy
- OT Apps
- photo editing
- Self Care
- Sensory Apps
- Social Skills
- special education
- special needs students
- story telling
- Text to Speech
- visual communication
- Visual Impairment
- Visual motor apps
- Visual Perception
- Voice Recognition
- Voice recording
- Word Prediction
Category Archives: Scoop.it
I really like Symbaloo! A place where you can organize and share your favorite websites. How do you like Symbaloo?
As scooped on Scoopit from http://www.symbaloo.com/mix/aztapgoogleappattack?searched=true
Fabulous collaborative work of Aaron Marsters and Mary Keeney from AZTAP. A Symbaloo focused on Google Apps and Chrome as AT. What a great resource!
Thank you to Aaron Marsters and Mary Keeney for all their work!!
Carol from OT’s with Apps and Technology
The Dyslexia font makes reading easy and enjoyable for people with dyslexia. Experience the ease of reading and try the test now.
So, what’s the big deal with Dyslexie font??? Assistive Technology Daily shares the information and links to understand more about the reasons and research backing the use of Dyslexie font. If you work with individuals with Dyslexia or learning disability you might want to consider this font option.
Carol – OT’s with Apps and Technology
If summer is when your children are absolutely positively going to catch up on keyboarding, here’s a list of 32 keyboarding websites for all ages (be sure to view the full post–I have a free poste…
It is mid-summer, halfway to the start of another school year. Oh and remember all those recommendations made about working on keyboarding?
Jacqui Murray, from Ask a Teacher.com, nails it with "summer is when your children are absolutely going to catch up on keyboarding skills" – time to dig into her list of 32 keyboarding websites!
Over the years I have discussed keyboarding practice with many parents. One suggestion I often made was to use different keyboarding programs to keep the skill and drill novel. Hmm…, think 32 potential keyboarding options provides enough novelty???
And don’t you just love her infographic ??
Thank you to Jacqui for all your resources!
Carol from OT’s with Apps and Technology
The Assistive Technology Blog reviews some of the new features slated in iOS 8 expected to debut this fall. Word prediction is one of the proposed features integrated into the iOS keyboard with context a part of the formula. That is exciting news as an assistive technology specialist – Apple is finally catching up to Android on that feature – at last!
For OT’s working in home health or rehab, a new iOS 8 Health app will be featured. It will be interesting to see how this app might interface with information used by or for patients and how it complies with HIPAA regulations.
Other new changes for iOS 8 include more accessibility features: hand free commands with Siri, more Guided Access options and text to speech voices. Exciting new features to consider for students and clients.
Check out Assistive Technology Blog post on these new iOS 8 features.