Looking for a bit of magic when coloring with your child or student?
Here is an example of one of the virtual products using a free worksheet (this was supplied me with a fun, chill-out activity after a tough end of the school year day!). Changes in the positioning over the worksheet provides a bit more 3-D! Here’s my CoLAR creation I videoed (using some app-smashing).
How this works:
1. Down load the CoLAR App (free)
2. Go to the CoLAR website and find free worksheets. Select a worksheet and print it out – hard copy.
3. Color the worksheet. It appears as though you can use colors, markers or pencil colors.
4. When your worksheet is colored. Open the CoLAR app and position your iPad or iPhone over the colored worksheet. Make sure there is good lighting. Wait until the image of the worksheet is green. The colored worksheet images turn virtual on your iPad/iPhone.
5. Watch and be amazed or just entertained – for free!
A fun and motivating activity for students or kids of all ages (that would include me too!). Use it as a reward or to motivation for controlled coloring, identifying colors making patterns or app-smash it into a video to use in story telling app – only limited by your creativity.
Try a little virtual fun!
More for your OT mTool Kit!