Annotation apps are many, however finding an app that provide tools for inserting text along with text to speech are few. The developers at Claro Apps provides annotation tools along with text to speech capabilities in their ClaroPDF app for Dyslexia Awareness Week 2013. Currently free (5.99; in app purchase for a text to speech voice 1.99) and compatible with iPhone and iPad.
ClaroPDF app features allow:
1. Annotation features:
-Free Text (type straight into the PDF)
-Free line draw (with many colours, opacity and thickness control)
-Shapes (Circle, Square, Line – with many colours, opacity and thickness control)
-Images (you can even insert Photos from your iPad Camera or Photo Library into the PDF file)
2. Smart Zoom
3. Full-Text Search & Navigation
4. Manages PDF Files
– Open PDF files ClaroPDF from other apps
– PDF files can be Saved into the Gallery, sent by e-mail, or opened in other apps supporting the PDF file format
5. ClaroRead compatibility – ClaroRead Pro and Plus for Windows can scan paper into accessible PDF files, retaining the original page image. Can be opened and spoken in ClaroPDF.
6. Text to speech capabilities
Here are a few screen shots of ClaroPDF:
ClaroPDF is a great app that provides text to speech capabilities and annotation tools. If you work with students or adults, this is well worth the regular price for your OT or teaching mTool Kit – and free for a limited time! Check it out before it returns to regular price !