Mary Bettlach from Infinitec, presents an Infinitec screen cast on Alternative Keyboards for the iPad as presented by Scott Marfillius and Kelly Fonner at the 2012 Closing the Gap Conference. Mary Bettlach shares the following iPad keyboard alternatives in her 5 minute screen cast : Mary Bettlach’s Infinitec’s screen cast on keyboard alternatives (retrieved on 12-8-12 from : http://www.screencast.com/users/InfinitecVideos/folders/Default/media/8718946c-881b-40f3-bb30-500e0397a359 ).
Mary Bettlach reviews the following alternative keyboards:
- iKeyboard Touch-type on your iPad
- USB Keyboard used with a camera connection adapter for the iPad
- Wireless Apple keyboard
- ZAGGfolio Keyboard Case for iPad 2/3/new
- Panther Writer – Projected to have 6 keyboard layouts to be available soon.
- Keyboard apps:
- Abilipad app – Customizeable keyboard with word prediction
- Split keyboard option in iOS
A few other resources or alternative keyboards ideas include:
- Touchfire keyboard – a thin, alternative keyboard similar to the ikeyboard for your iPad as reviewed on this post: Touchfire Keyboard
- Step by step directions on How to connect your USB Keyboard to your iPad : Using a Bluetooth or Standard USB keyboard on your iPad
- iMean app provides an ABC and qwerty keyboard.
- iPad keyguards
- iPad Keyguards from Lasered Pics
Alternatives for keyboarding for your OT iTool Kit!