HandySpeech ‘s™major features: as described from Press Release Distribution include:
· Handwriting Recognition Technology© by PhatWare Corp
· Text-to-Speech powered by iSpeech, Inc
· Adaptive Technology application
· Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) application
· Context analyzer: automatic correction based on context
· Multilingual support with 13 major languages in a male or female voice
· Adaptive learning of the user writing patterns
· Cursive, PRINT, and mixEd handwriting style recognition
· Use of simple finger gestures to insert special characters such as space or return.
· Alternative keyboard input
Here is one of the tutorials provided on the app:
This sounds like an interesting tool, now available for mobile devices for individuals as ALS, individuals who have had a stroke or other speech impairments but with the ability to write.
Have you used the app? What clients might be aided in their occupation by the use of a mobile device with this app?