Ready to Print app, a (iPad, 9.99) pre-writing app created by Diane Reid OTR, has been upgraded to include lower case letters (Zaner Bloser style of letter formation). Features of the app, as described on the Ready to Print website, make it great tool for all children learning to print or working on pre-writing skills:
- It provides activities for pre-writing skills, not just tracing letters.
- It’s designed with a progression of skills that work towards correct printing patterns.
- It allows you to change size settings to match each child’s skill level.
- It features a progression from larger hand movements to smaller, more refined movements.
- It lets you choose which activity and level to begin on.
- It allows setting up multiple user profiles, each with different settings.
- It provides (optional) feedback measurements for speed and accuracy.
For more information about the app also visit the Ready to Print Website.
If you work with young children Ready to Print is a great addition to your OT iTool Kit.
Hooray! This is great news. I have this app and love it. The addition of lower case letters will make it even more valuable.
Lauren, Thank you for your comments. The developer has worked really hard on this app I believe and it is evident!